12 May 2009

Century Of The Self

An amazing, inspiring, revealing documentary by Adam Curtis.

There are four episodes:

  1. Happiness Machines
  2. The Engineering of Consent
  3. There is a Policeman Inside All Our Heads: He Must Be Destroyed
  4. Eight People Sipping Wine in Kettering
I have embedded these Youtube recordings of the film below, in order.

Episode 1:
Happiness Machines


Part 1



Part 2



Part 3



Part 4



Part 5



Part 6



Episode 2:
The Engineering of Consent


Part 1



Part 2



Part 3



Part 4



Part 5



Part 6



Episode 3:
There is a Policeman Inside All Our Heads: He Must Be Destroyed


Part 1



Part 2



Part 3



Part 4



Part 5



Part 6



Episode 4:
Eight People Sipping Wine in Kettering


Part 1



Part 2



Part 3



Part 4



Part 5



Part 6



::

2 comments:

anna said...

thanks for posting!

Maysaloon said...

I just watched the first two episodes. When I heard that third one is about how the West went the opposite way and "released" the self, I thought to myself NO WAY, I had been pondering this phenomenon I see (like a Hippies bad dream!) and hearing it from Adam Curtis was such an encouragement. Thanks for posting btw!