For whatever reason, this picture looks so comforting and sincere, so innocent and non-toxic. I wonder what era they're from? maybe from the not-too-distant past when political fear was not the pervasive mood, and it was easy to envision a future of goodness.
(click for larger image)
Click image bar below for letter from Ralph Nader to Prez Bush:
Ralph Nader quotations over the years:
- "The goal of a just society is inseparable from love and beauty."
- "We must strive to become good ancestors."
- "Your best teacher is your last mistake."
- "I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers."
- "The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun."
- "A society that has more justice is a society that needs less charity "
- "There's no ticket of admission for active citizenship. Anybody can get through that gate, and anybody can ask that basic question that gets the ball rolling."
- "A good citizen is not just a person who votes all the time."
- "If you choose between the lesser of two evils, at the end of the day, you still have evil."
- "Today the large organization is lord and master, and most of its employees have been desensitized much as were the medieval peasants who never knew they were serfs."